Happy Fourth! (almost)

 Good evening, friends! 

I hope you guys are all enjoying your holiday weekend. I am hanging out with my family. For the first time in a while, all of my siblings and I are able to be home with our parents. Things have changed so much in the last several years. We all have kids, now, so our family gatherings have gotten louder, more fun, cuter, and also louder (not sure if I mentioned that). Our Fourth of July plans include hanging out together and I am so pleased. Because of our upcoming move to Germany and the way life works, I'm not sure when we will all be together again, so I'm doing my best to bask in this little reunion.  

I'll send out my first blog of the week with a tune, as per the usual. There are a few albums that I always find myself going back for at random times over the years. One of them is Band of Horse's Cease to Begin. These are mellow tunes - the easiest of listening, in my opinion. I hope you enjoy!


 

Comments

  1. I've been saving your blog for last as I count on your tunes to wine me down after a day of looking at everyone's blogs. So much good information in all these blogs. I also share your tunes with my youngest, the musician in the family, who has all of my iTunes songs on his phone, and who I turned on to Modest Mouse, the Dead, Cold Play, etc.

    Have you ever listened to Paloma Faith https://www.palomafaith.com/?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, again! I look forward to your comments so much. I've been way off track for what feels like an eternity now and a lot of the guilt I feel for late blog posts comes from feeling like I'm letting you down on the music end! I say this with laughter, so please don't let my words make you feel bad.. you are holding me accountable!

      Right off the bat, I can't recall if I've listened or not. The name has a distant ring of familiarity. I will check it out asap! I am deeply honored that you share these tunes with your youngest. I bonded over music so much with my dad growing up so I know how lovely the music connection can be in a parent/child relationship. Thanks for joining me this semester! Hopefully I can be more on track with my posting next week so that you have plenty to listen to as you begin to rest :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts