Happy Saturday!

 Hey, classmates!

Hope y'all are having a good and productive week. I am on a little trip to North Georgia as my husband is competing in his first powerlifting competition today. So far, so good! It's a much longer process than I expected but we're enjoying it and I'm feeling so proud of my guy.

Maybe I'll post a bonus blog this week to chat about it. I imagine we will be here all day. Fortunately, we booked a little lodge not too far from here that we can go back to at the end of the night. We're in the beautiful mountains of North Georgia/southern South Carolina. I have always been a mountain gal. How about you guys? If you had to pick between the beach or the mountains, which would it be? I've always been bothered by the sand and too much sun. Something about the trees and the crisp mountain air grounds me and leaves me always wanting more.

This week, I'd like to leave you with a song that I'm officially dedicating to this trip. I have loved The Head and The Heart for many years, now. This song, Let's Be Still, is one of the first that I heard of theirs. It must have been around 2014 that I discovered this tune and every song/album/single that I've heard since then has been such a pleasure. 

I hope you enjoy!



Comments

  1. Why can't you have the best of both worlds? The beach and the forest? This is the last blog I'm responding to tonight, so, I am having a little wine while I listen to this - thank you 😌

    Hope all went well today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I'm not a wine drinker but I do miss a little alc to wind down at the end of the day, haha!! I hope you enjoyed and that it closed out your night well!

      Delete
  2. Hey Caitlin! I am 100% with you on being a mountain girl. I wish I didn't live so far from them!! That sounds like a great opportunity to get away. How long has your husband been powerlifting? We have a home gym and my husband and I have gone back and forth between powerlifting, bodybuilding, and strength training techniques to try to find our groove with working out consistently. I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend and the mountain air! Thanks for sharing the music as well, I haven't spent much time listening to them but this song was great. I'll definitely have to throw an album into the rotation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Abby! He started powerlifting in 2017ish? We also have a home gym but both of us have always preferred powerlifting over any other programming. Watching all the lady powerlifters at his meet had me feeling a little envy but I had to remind myself that my time will come.
      I'm glad you enjoyed the music! The Head and The Heart is the music I enjoy best playing from the kitchen with a house full of sunlight. Although, fun fact, I hit a deer a few years ago while a THATH album was playing in my car!! Now, every time I hear a song off that album, I have a little baby flashback to that little incident! (Thankfully it was not a bad accident so it's not a traumatic memory. Just makes me chuckle that my brain's response to hearing that album is to think of that moment)

      Delete
    2. Have you ever competed? Or do you plan on competing at some point in the future?! That would be really cool! I know Amy in our class just competed in a powerlifting event at the beginning of the semester as well.
      Haha wow what a crazy story... I am so glad it wasn't a serious accident, but it is kind of fun to have that memory attached to that album!

      Delete
  3. Hi! Thanks again for your music. We moved to North Carolina partly for this reason, 3 hours to beach, 2 hours to mountains. We originally thought we would be more mountain people and have been to the mountains more. We had our honeymoon in Vail, CO. However, when at the beach we thought, maybe we are more beach. The reason for us is that we don't ski or do much cold weather sports. So we like the idea of having more outdoor activities year round. Also with elementary age kids, beach wins a bit right now. I am not sure we will stay in NC so will see what is next! Have a great rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss NC deeply! That is home for me and I'm excited to be returning for a little while at the end of this week. I graduated from UNCW for my undergrad and, while I loved Wilmington, I don't think I will ever live there again. I totally understand the appeal, it just never clicked with me the way the mountains always have. My husband and I dream of spending most of our days in the NC mountains after his Army time is up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts