She needs some work

Good morning, classmates! I know.. it's been a while since you've heard from me! I hope all of you have been having an incredible week. As I mentioned in my introduction to the class, I've been spending much of my time preparing for a move to Germany. Super exciting, but WOW! It's a lot. In this unique time in my life, I am working on adjusting my balance between life and school. So, I appreciate your patience and I vow to make next week better than this week and the week after that, even better. It's called progress!

This week, I've created a twitter account dedicated to our course. You can find me @FSUCait. I'm no stranger to twitter but this is my first time using an account in my more ~*professional voice*~. My first account was created when I was in high school. I'm sure many of you know what that means - lots of pointless posts and silliness. I'm excited about transitioning to a more professional social media presence. I feel like this is the first of many personal revelations that have been inspired by this course, but I am just now realizing that there can truly be a great benefit to maintaining a professional social media presence. Perhaps this is a touch lofty, but I'm envisioning DMs from employers begging me to come work for them because I am SO professional and put together on social media (mostly joking, hehe). It's not that, historically, my social media accounts are reckless and unprofessional, I just don't beg my employers to follow me. You guys know what I'm saying. Anyway, if you feel so inclined, give me a follow! 

Now that that's out of the way, let's chat music! My fave. This week, I'm sharing Black Mountain - The Hair Song. Any of my Letterkenny fans may find this one familiar. I discovered the group through the show! Tips for anyone looking to broaden their musical horizons: if you hear a song on TV or in a movie that you like, Shazam it! Or, ask Siri! This song from Black Mountain is great, but the album it's on is even better. I haven't explored their other albums, yet, but I'm eager to hear more. Give it a listen and tell me what you think!

With this, I leave you...for now. I'll be posting twice more today so if you catch this early enough, stay tuned!



Comments

  1. Haha! so how many hours are you ahead of us? Too much fun moving to another country, yes? I enjoyed the Hair Song, heard some of my beloved 60's and 70's rock n roll in there! And the trail they were on is too wicked for me 😳
    I too shy away from having too much of a professional online presences; however, I am recognizing the benefits of developing more of a presence to better reach some of my adult learners. So far the journey is similar to the Hulk ride at Universal, which I like to ride over and over again until I am dizzy.

    💜 the Lester Bangs quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! I am in Georgia right now, so no time difference. But, once I'm gone I'll be around 6 hours ahead, I think.
      And, yes! The album has the coolest 60s/70s rock vibes. I'm glad you liked it!!
      I, surprisingly, have ridden that ride! I've only been to Universal once. But, I grew up in NC and visited Carowinds many times. There's a ride there called Fury 325 that my husband and I rode until we nearly puked (sorry for being gross!) and I totally agree that this program/class has had a similar feeling.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts